HILTON WEEKLY BULLETIN
SUNDAY 26TH JUNE 2016
We are very pleased to welcome you to our service today. We hope you feel welcome and trust that you will benefit from worshipping God with us.
During the service we stand to sing and remain seated for prayer.
- AM Rev. A. MacAulay (Communion)
- Sunday School, Pre-school class and crèche meet this morning. Children leave after the second singing.
- Tea/coffee in the hall after both services today
- PM Mr Mark MacLeod
- Fellowship: There will be a fellowship in the hall after the evening service tonight at which Mark Macleod will share some of his life story.
- Fisher-Folk Festival: There is an open-air Songs of Praise service in Balintore Harbour today at 2:30 pm as part of the Fisher-Folk Festival. Rev. John van Eyk will give the message.
- The Free Lunch takes place in Hilton, running from 12 noon until 2pm. Come along and bring a friend!
- There will be no more Ladies Bible Study until after the summer break.
- The AGM of Tain and Fearn Free Church will take place on Wednesday 29th June in the Tain church hall. The accounts for last year will be presented and there will be an opportunity to ask questions at the meeting.
- AM Mr Mark MacLeod
- PM Rev. A. MacAulay
Student Placement: Mark Macleod is staying in the home of David Ross on Shore Street, Shandwick. The correct telephone number is 01862 832 392. Mark’s mobile is 07828 843 155. His email address is Mark.firstname.lastname@example.org
|New Members: The following people have been added to the communion roll of the congregation; Mrs Julie Munro, Mrs Dinah MacDonald and Mrs Susan Bain by profession of faith and Mrs Linda Vass & Mr James Gordon by certificate from another congregation. Mr Gordon worships in Tain
Holiday Club: If anyone has any maritime or fishing equipment such as nets, buoys etc that could be used to decorate the hall, in keeping with the All at Sea theme of this year’s club, could you please speak to Mary Paterson
Holiday Club meeting: There will be a short meeting for club helpers in the church hall in Hilton at 6.30 pm on Monday 27th Jun
Books: We hope to purchase some books for Hilton School. If you would like to contribute, please place your contribution in a marked envelope in the TTFM box.
New Church Fund: The total raised in this month’s New Church Fund Collection was £3205. If anyone who contributes to the fund is a tax-payer, but has not completed a Gift Aid form, it would be beneficial to the congregation if you would consider doing that.
WCF Study: It is intended to hold a study of the doctrines of the Westminster Confession of Faith, fortnightly on a Thursday evening in our hall or in the APC church. This will be led by Rev. John van Eyk. If you are interested in attending please let Mark know as soon as possible.
Sermon Recordings: If anybody wishes a copy of any sermon as an MP3, via e-mail – please e-mail your request to Tom Walker on email@example.com stating which sermon you would like.
New Website: The church now has a new website which can be accessed at http://tainandfearnfreechurch.highland.today/ – It was felt that this was necessary as the old website was difficult to update. You will not be able to find the new site through Google until we redirect from the old website.
Tain Gala Fundraiser: The fund-raising committee for the New Church are organising a Baking and Plants sale table at Tain Gala on Saturday 2nd July. They are looking for people who will provide baking and plants to be sold. Donations should be brought to the church hall in Tain on Friday night between 7pm and 8pm. If you are unable to deliver them there, call Hugh Mackenzie on 894 254 or 07791 622 668 prior to then.
Alternatively you can deliver to the marquee on the Saturday morning. Volunteers will also be required to man the stall during the day for even an hour or two at a time between 10am and 4pm. Speak to Hugh Mackenzie if you can cover some of the day.
Camps Cook: There is an urgent need for a Chief Cook for the Free Church Camp in Comrie from 16th -23rd July. If you can help, please get in touch with Laura MacAulay at the Free Church Offices in Edinburgh.
If you would like a visit from the minister, please call 892 156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: There is a loop system in the church